Working in an office, no matter the size or the role, comes with its challenges. Here’s my top ten office pet-peeves:
- When people get your name wrong in an email, particularly when your name is in your email address
2. When people don’t have an email signature. Who are you? What’s your telephone number? Where do you work? You know, the helpful stuff.
3. When colleagues introduce you to someone and get your title wrong.
4. When you’re on a call and suddenly everyone in the office begins talking really loudly.
5. When a coworker brings in the obscure contents of their fridge to eat at their desk…
6. When people create awkward situations by not remembering who they’ve already met.
7. When colleagues come into work despite being sick and contagious.
8. When you finish work at 5.30pm and someone schedules a meeting for 5pm.
9. When coworkers give loud, detailed updates on what their computer is doing.
10. Last but not least: when coworkers waste time telling others they don’t have time to do everything because they’re so busy…